The National Service Scheme (NSS) is a central sector scheme of Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports, Government of India. It is designed to provide opportunities to the students in college and universities to take part in various community service programme.
Prananath College (Autonomous), Khordha has the proud privilege of having Five National Service Scheme (NSS) Units (3 boys', 2 girls') with a strength of 50 volunteers each operating under direct supervision and control of NSS Bureau, Utkal university. A student of +2 and +3 wing can enrol himself/herself as an volunteer who opt to serve the nation through this NSS. An NSS Student volunteer has an opportunity of experiencing and accomplished social leader, an efficient administrator, and a person who understands human nature.
The Motto of National Service Scheme (NSS) is “NOT ME BUTU YOU”.
Prananth College offers a golden opportunity for NSS Volunteers who can put in at least 120 hours of social work in a year for a continuous period of two years on different programmes other than special camping. He should:
- Establish rapport with the people in the project area;
- Identify needs, problems and resources of the community.
- Plan programmes and carry out them;
- Relate his learning and experience towards finding solutions to the problems identified;
- Record the activities in his work diary systematically and asses the progress periodically and effect changes as and when necessary.
Officers' In-Charge of NSS
- Mr. Durga Chanran Nayak (+3 Boys Wing)
- Mrs. Aliva Behura (+3 Girls Wing)
- Mr. Sukumar Pattanaik (+2 Boys Wing)
- Mrs. Ankita Mohapatra (+2 Girls Wing)