The Department of History is as old as the history of Prananath College (Autonomous), Khordha. It started in the year 1959 and has crossed the Golden Jubilee seven years ago. It takes the credit of one of the first departments to be opened with the establishment of the college and within the years that have passed it has proved itself to be an attractive one to the students taking admission into the college. The undergraduate department has been proud to have proficient teachers to enrich its activities. In the late eighties and early nineties of the previous century, the department was imparting post- graduate courses to the students. Seminars and memorial lectures are delivered by the reputed scholars every year in the department.
- Programme offered
- B.A. (History Hons.)
- Inter disciplinary courses
- Pol. sc., Eco, Sociology, Math, Zoology
- Intake Capacity (Students)
(including teaching, non-teaching & technical staff)
|Sl. No.||Employee Name||Designation||Gender|
|1||Dr. Mrs. Ahalya Swain||Associate Professor & Head||Female|
|2||Prof. Mrs. Geetarani Padhy||Reader (SS)||Female|
|3||Prof. Lt. Asima Satapathy||Lecturer||Female|
- Mr. Manoj Kumar Rout is the co-ordinator of IGNOU Study Centre, Prananath College (Autonomous), Khordha and has translated 20 Blocks of EHI-BSHF-101 of IGNOU books in Odia language.
- Dr. Kamala Panda (Retd. In 2015) has submitted a Minor Research Project to University Grants Commission in 2015.
- Dr. Ahalya Swain has submitted a Minor Research Project to University Grants Commission in 2014.
- Lt. Asima Sathpathy is in the charge of Girl’s wings of NCC. She has attended PRCN course At DTA, Gwalior in 2013.
- Puja Behera, a student of +3IIIrd year, has attended Thal Sainik Camp (NCC) at New Delhi in 2014.
- Sasmita Mohapatra (Passed out) has attended TSC (NCC) at New Delhi.
- Under the stewardship of Mr. Manoj Kumar Rout, a great social worker, the students of the department have done many Extension Programme like campus cleaning after ‘Phailin’ (cyclone), plantation in the college campus and have worked for the preservation of the historic Khordha Fort at Garh Khordha.
|Ms. Sujala Mohanty||Reader in History, Banki Autonomous College, Banki|
|Mrs. Gayatri Mishra||Lecturer in Education, Prananath College (Autonomous), Khordha|
|Mrs. Renu Prava Pattnaik||Labour Welfare officer, Jajpur Road (Jajpur).|
|Mrs. Kabita Kumari Swain||Lecturer in History, Women’s College, Khordha|
|Mr. Prafulla Kumar Rath||Lecturer in history, Begunia College, Begunia (Khordha)|