The Prananath College (Autonomous), Khordha to meet the need of socio-economic scenario of the Odisha in general and Khordha in particular have introduced NCC for the students since _________. The Prananath College (Autonomous), Khordha has the rare distinction in the entire state of taking the Senior Division Army Wing N.C.C. to an unparallel height, with records of remarkable achievements. The Senior Division Boys and Girls Wings N.C.C. have been functioning with capacity of 54 and 50 cadets respectively. The SD Boys Wing comes under 6 (O) BN N.C.C., Puri and SD Girls Wing comes under 1 (O) Girls' BN. N.C.C. , Bhubaneswar.
Aims of N.C.C.
- To develop qualities of character, courage, comradeship discipline, leadership, secular outlook, spirit of adventure, sportsmanship and ideals of self less service among the youth to make them responsible citizens.
- To build up a nation-wide human resource pool of highly motivated and organised youth-mass to provide ideal leadership in all walk s of life, always available for the service to the nation.
- To provide a suitable environment to motivate youth to take up a career in the Armed Forces of the Nation.
Motto of N.C.C.
“Unity” & “Discipline”
- Enrolment to both Boys' Wing and Girls' Wing N.C.C. commences in the month of September, for +3 1st yr students after their admission into the college.
- The cadets possessing various certificates get additional weightage in the following manner : -
- Certificate “A” - 5% addition to aggregate marks secured f or admission to +3 classes.
- Certificate “B” - 7% addition to aggregate marks secured f or admission to +3 classes.
- Besides, cadets possessing 'B' and 'C' certificates get preferential advantage while competing for various police, para-military and defence services.
- Only selected cadets get the rare opportunity to attend the following camps and adventures activities - Annual Training Camp, National Integration Camp, Para – sailing, Trekking, Mountaineering, Basic Leadership Camp/TSC, Advanced Leadership Camp, Army Attachment Camp, Republic Day Parade Camp (RDC)
Officers' In-Charge of NCC
- Lt. Asima Satapathy, ANO, Senior Division Girls (Army Wings)
- Mr. Jitendra Kumar Swain, CTO, Senior Division Boys (Army Wing)