Prananath College (Autonomous) is the oldest college of Khordha district and one of the few distinguished Colleges of the state. It has made rapid strides and has made substantial contribution in the field of education and human resource development. The college started functioning as an Arts College with provision for teaching in pre-university Arts course in 1959-60. Subsequently the institution grew and became a degree college in Arts in 1963 and Honours teaching in Economics was imparted since 1970.
Now the department consists of a group of experienced faculty members with specialization in various areas of Economics. Students have a good access to the well stocked departmental library along with the central library (Jayee Rajguru Library). From the academic Session 2015-16, Choice Based Credit System curriculum has been introduced in order to enable the students to keep pace with all India standard. The syllabi under CBCS have been designed to equip the students with today’s highly competitor and dynamic higher studies programme.
The pedagogy of the department consists of class room teaching, seminars and projects works. To develop their analytical skill, the students present their topics in seminar and participate in inter-active session as an essential part of curriculum. As a built-in mechanism to the Course, the students undergo a rigorous process of internal and external evaluation through a comprehensive examination at the end of each semester including the evaluation of project presentation undertaken at the last semester.
The vision and mission of the department is to develop self confidence, self reliance and produce market fit students who can adopt to the changes of higher studies worldwide with their ethical and moral values. The department makes whole hearted effort to help students. Most of the teachers distribute handouts and notes to the students. At the end of every topic, model questions are discussed. Doubt clearing classes are held for academically weaker students, SC/ST students and student’s belongings to minority community. The dept. has a question bank which acquaints the students with the pattern of questions set in the examination.
- Programme offered
- B.A. (Economics Hons.)
- Inter disciplinary courses
- History, Pol. Science, Sociology, Education
- Intake Capacity (Students)
(including teaching, non-teaching & technical staff)
|Sl. No.||Employee Name||Designation|
|1||Prof. Madhab Ch. Mohanty||Reader (SS) & Head|
|2||Prof. Sunilranjan Kar||Reader (SS)|
|3||Dr. Mrs. Basanti Das||Reader (SS)|
|4||Prof. Ms Snehalata Mishra||Reader (SS)|
|5||Prof. Subhendu Ku. Mohanty||Reader (SS)|
|6||Dr. Chakradhar Bal||Lecturer|
|7||Dr. Tapaswini Nayak||Lecturer|
- Prof. Chakradhar Bal, a former faculty member has been awarded Ph.D degree in 2015.
- Prof. Bibeknanda Dash, a faculty member has submitted his Ph.D thesis and is awaiting the award.
- Prof. Sunil Kumar Patanaik, HOD has undertaken MRP fron UGC and has submitted the project report.
- Prof. Bibekananda Dash, faculty member and Prof. Chakradhar Bal former faculty member have undertaken MRP from CPE Fund and submitted their projects.
- Prof. Sunil Kumar Patanaik and Prof. Bibekananda Dash were Administrative Bursar & Accounts Bursar of the college respectively and were of immerse help to college administration.
- Some faculty members are the members of Academic Council, Board of Studies, question setters of different autonomous colleges of the state.
- Miss Sunita Pradhan was the Gold Medal winner for best Arts Graduate in 2010.
- 15% to 20% students enter into PG courses every year which is filled in through an All Odisha entrance examination
- The performance of the students in the examination has been outstanding. It was 85%, 91%,85%,95% in 2012,2013,2014,2015 respectively.
- Two of our final year students have been selected in campus placement in 2015-16 by TCS.
|Dr. Amarendra Das||Asst. Prof. in Economics –NISER (2002 Batch)|
|Amulya Kumar Sahoo||Asst. Prof in Economics – SPM College, Delhi (1998 Batch)|
|Munmun Mohanty||HRD Punjab National Bank, Mumbai (2001 Batch)|
|Arpita Pattnaik||Asst. Manager, Federal Bank, Bhubaneswar (2005 Batch)|
|Hrudananda Sahoo||Administrative Officer, SEBI, Mumbai (200 Batch)|
|Himansu Bisoi||Branch Manager, Micro Finance (2001 Batch)|
|Manas Kumar Panda||P.O., SBI, Ahmadabad, Gujarat (2005 Batch)|
|Prafulla Kumar Sahoo||Sales Executive, Textile India Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi (2001 Batch)|
|Ashok Kumar Lenka|
|Sunil Kumar Mohanty||Jail Superintendent, Koraput (2001 Batch)|
|Suchismita Mishra||Asst. Manager, Nilachala Gramya Bank, Bhubaneswar (2003 Batch)|
|Binaya Ranjan Parida||Deputy Subedar, Keonjhar|
|Girisuta Jagdev||Asst. Project Manager|
|Dr. Amarendra Das||Asst. Prof. in Economics –NISER|
|Sarbeswar Das||M.A., U.U., Vanivihar|
|Laxmipriya Debata||M.A., U.U., Vanivihar|
|Pragati Mishra||M.A., Revensaw University|
|Krishna Prasad Mishra||M.A., Revensaw University|
|Susri Sangita Das||M.A., U.U., Vanivihar|
|Priti Krushna Jagdev|
|Girisuta Jagdev||Asst. Project Manager|
|Sunita Pradhan||Supply Dept.|
|Sk. Kasim||Odisha Police|