The department of Odia formally came into existence in 1959. Presently the sanctioned strength in Odia Hons is 48. The current faculty strength is 8. A good number of them are holding Ph.D degrees . Members of faculty are encouraged to participate in State/National/International level seminars/ workshops.
- Programme offered
- B.A. (Odia Hons.)
- Inter disciplinary courses
- Generic electives, MIL (Odia), AECC
- Intake Capacity (Students)
(including teaching, non-teaching & technical staff)
|Sl. No.||Employee Name||Designation|
|1||Dr. Mrs. Sunita Tripathy||Reader (SS) & Head|
|2||Dr. Manoja Manjari Sahoo||Lecturer|
|3||Prof. Manini Jena||Lecturer|
|4||Dr. Mrs. Prachi Prava Nayak||Lecturer|
|5||Dr. Arabindo Pradhan||Lecturer|
- Two books were published by UGC grant under CPE scheme.
a) Vendanta Sara Gupta geeta
b) Banamali Rahasa and Twelve Nos. of book were published by Deptt.
- Student’s participation in state/National level seminar.
- Student’s participation in internal seminar.
- Project work
- The department has seuccessfully conducted Kavita Patho Utsab.
|Dr. Sanghamitra Mishra||Retd. Prof. Utkal University|
|Dr. NIlamani Parida||Kendrapara Auto College (Retd. Reader, Eminent Poet and critics.)|
|Dr. Satya Pattanaik||Eminent poet, Former reader, BJB Auto College|
|Dr. Shashi Ratha||Short story writer|
|Dr. L.N. Raysingh||Retd. Reader, writer|