The Department of Mathematics came into existence with the opening of Science Stream in P.N. College. Since then it has been continuing as an integral division under the school of Physical Sciences. At the beginning stage in 1971 the Department had only two faculty members whereas at present there are six. A good number of them are holding Ph.D degrees and guiding the students in various fields. The Department provides teaching to under graduate students of Physical & Biological Sciences. At the time of need, faculty members impart education to BBA & Comp. Sc. Students. As a whole the Department works as a bridge between regional schools & higher level institutions for propagating the essence of Mathematics. The mission of the Department is to enhance mathematical skill of the pupil and to optimize the sphere of its application through proper coaching and mentoring. This Department plays key role in organizing Math. Exhibitions, Olympiads, Seminars etc. in the college premises. Mathematics Department strives hard to emerge as a hub of Mathematical Sciences.
- Programme offered
- B.A/B.Sc.(Math. Hons.)
- Inter disciplinary courses
- Generic Electives, Mathematics for Biological Science Students
- Intake Capacity (Students)
(including teaching, non-teaching & technical staff)
|Sl. No.||Employee Name||Designation||Gender|
|1||Dr. Purna Chandra Tripathy||Reader (SS)||M|
|2||Prof. Narayan Baliarsingh||Reader (SS)||M|
|3||Dr. Mrs. Purnima Nayak||Reader (SS)||F|
|4||Prof. Soumyendra Mishra||Lect. (Gr.A)||M|
|5||Dr. Krishna Manjari Sahu||Lect. (Gr.A)||M|
|6||Prof. Durga Charan Nayak||Lecturer||M|
- Math (Hons.) student Niharika Muduli has received gold medal as best graduate in 2011-12.
- Math. Department students have shown better performance in on & off campus placements.
- Introduction of courses like Math. Modelling, DSE, SEC & Practical in each semester under Choice Base Credit System.
- The Department has successfully conducted Math. Olympiad Exam.
- Student’s participation in State/National level Math competitions exceptionally increased.
|Ajaya Kumar Sahu||Asst. Prof. of Math (IGIT, Saranga, Talcher)|
|Shakti Ranjan Acharya||Statistical Officer, Planning Department ( New Delhi)|
|Arun Kumar Sahoo||Inspector, Central Board of Excise & Custom (Tamil Nadu)|
|Bata Krushna Moaharana||Engineer, Vedanta (Jharsuguda)|
|Debabhuti Paikray||Asst. Prof. of Math – Silicon Engineering College, BBSR|