In academic session 1967-68 Edn. was opened as a subject in Intermidated Arts (I.A Stage) with 32 Seats in (Edn.) & 16 seats in B.A (Edn. Pass). In academic session 1974-75 Edn. Was opened as a Hons subject in Degree Stage with 16 Seats. But now (64 + 20 = 84) Seats in Hons & 156 Seats in elective are available . Initially Mr. Trailokyanath Rath & Mr. Bhikhyakari Dwivedy Joined as lecturers in Edn. Now 6 teachers – 1 Reader, 5 lecturers in Edn., 1 Laboratory Bearer are working in this department. A separate room has been allotted to the Department for staff & lab. Equipments.
- Programme offered
- B.A. (Education Hons.)
- Add-on Courses
- Working with the community on different project like Biju Pattanaik openair jail, psychological condition of parents of mentally retarded children, Rehabilitation of Destitutes, Old age homes-case study.
- Intake Capacity (Students)
(including teaching, non-teaching & technical staff)
|Sl. No.||Employee Name||Designation||Gender|
|1||Prof. Jagadev Mohanty||Reader (SS) & Head||Male|
|2||Dr. Swarna Prava Sahoo||Lect. (Gr.A)||Female|
|3||Prof. Mrs. Sujata Moharana||Lecturer||Female|
|4||Prof. Umakanta Martha||Lecturer||Male|
|5||Mr. Bikash Ch. Biswal||Male|
- In Academic Session 2010-11 – Priyadarsini Pattanaik – secured 651 marks out of 800 and declared as the Best Arts Graduate of the college for that year.
- In Academic Session 2011-12 – Bishnupriya Pattanaik – secured 82% of mark and declared as the Best Arts Graduate of the year.
- In Academic Session 2012-13-Bijayalaxmi Mohapatra was declared as the Best Arts Graduate of the year.
- In Academic Session 2013-14 Laxmi Pratima Pattanaik was declared as the Best Arts Graduate of the year.
- In Academic Session 2014-15 Sagarika Mohapatra was declared as the Best Arts Graduate of the year.
|Pitabas Sahoo||Working as an officer in a commercial Bank|
|Dinesh Moharana||Completed his M.phil|
|Sasmita Pattjoshi||Working as a high school teacher.|
|Trupti rani pattnaik||Working in odisha police.|
|Ashok kumar sahoo||Working as a lecturer in edn.|